I got a Galaxy Note GT-N7000, and its been more than a week i tried to revived it using the any method i've found in this great forum.
So let me tell u guys the stories of my Note :
1. It was always updated OTA so the last ROM i used is Indonesian Note ICS 4.0.4
2. One day (last Friday) while i was browsing Internet using it, it suddenly got very hot, and the battery seems like draining very fast
3. In the mid day it reboot by its self, and entering countless reboot... a never ending reboot
4. So i tried to enter recovery, and yes sadly i've might triggered the emmc bugs by doing factory reset. But i'm not sure i've done it or not, coz i've a CWM recovery installed.
5. Anyway then i tried to flash stock room found in dr.ketan's thread...many thanks to him for those collection using PC ODIN and i got the "factoryfs" stuck problem
6. I also tried to flash countless kernel over and over, tried install Stock GB and ICS, tried RocketROM, CM10 and it all failed. In dowload mode i still got a Stock Firmware installed. So any ROM i've tried to install using Kernel didn't succed.
7. So i decided to take it to Samsung Service Center nearby, and i found that my battery is BAD, it wont charge (wonder would it because of the battery i got that problem in the first place). Since i got this Note for around 8 months, and the warranty for the battery is 6, the make me bought the new one, ordered and available in 2 days.
8. So I get back to the service center, put the new battery restarted the phone, and it stop on samsung logo (no yellow triangle there). So I complained, and they look into it, and said we may try to install new software, but there's a risk that your Note got damaged. They said the risk is mine and they wont have any responsible for it.
9. So furiously i bargain about my Warranty (12 month), coz the said that i've updated the ROM my self, so i explained to them that it was OTA's update, all i do was press YES, and they said even OTA official update will cancel my warranty. Its getting weird, i got angrier and they just said its their company procedure so there's nothing they can do to help me. So Samsung Indonesia will cancel warranty for every attempt to update the ROM OTA's, only their service center is allowed to do so. Wasted my valuable working hours there...
10. So i get back, determined i officially will do anything to get this Note life back. So i started to look at Forrest1971 (many thanks to him) thread about bricked note and tried many kernel and got one working with adb (T-Kernel V0.9) doing the checking and found faulty partition 9 and 10 and doing the step and finally got the partition fixed. Lost 3GB of space.
Then here came the real problem :
1. Still wont work with ODIN, stuck at Factoryfs with stock ROM GB N7000DXLC2_N7000OLBLC2_N7000DXLC1_HOME.tar and ICS N7000DXLR5_N7000OLBLR2_N7000DXLR1_HOME.tar. But working fine flashing Kernel so my guess it is not the connection problem. I've tried on 1 PC, 2 Laptops, 2 OS (Win7 32bit and WinXP 32 bit) still the same.
2. Then i tried to flashing via Kernel (CWM, Abyss, T-Kernel, CM9 Safe Kernel) i got to do trial and error coz not all ROM can be installed using any given Kernel. Seems that T-Kernel v0.9 is working for most of the ROM. Sorry i didn't keep note about the kernel-rom coupling. Here is the list of ROM i've tried :
cm-9.1.0-n7000 + gapps-ics-20120429-signed
cm-10-20121209-NIGHTLY-n7000 + gapps-ics-20120429-signed
RocketROM v2 XXLS7_stock_odexed
SuperNexus-N7000-BUILD5-20121017 + gapps-jb-20121011-signed
3. All of those ROM came out with the same problem :
- Freezing on the Samsung/Mod Logo Screen (Got very HOT)
- Entering the "Andoid is Upgrading" and then updating Apps but stuck at random number (# of ###) (Got very HOT), i've tried to wait overnight but stay on the same number
- Succeeded boot up but Freeze after couple of minute (Got very HOT)
4.All those problem seems happened randomly, but most of the time it happened like this :
Stuck and Logo Screen - Reboot by me - Stuck and Upgrading - Reboot by me - Boot fine, but freeze very soon - Reboot by me, and back to the Logo stuck... (but still sometime its just random), the only thing same that it got very hot.
5. This is my last resort, i'll try to flash Supernexus, CM9 or CM10 without the GApps. Now i'm on Supernexus ROM, not yet freeze while i'm typing this. But without the GApps i wont have G-Play, and cant reinstall Apps that i bought in G-Play. Dilemma...
So any thoughts or advices will be greatly appreciated...
I really like this phone, wish i can revived this phone...
Thanks B4 for any comment...